Saturday, December 4, 2010

calling

i have had several conversation with several friends about what it is that we are here to do.
a story...

a famous man from of old was out walking. he took a wrong turn and ended up in front of a fort. as he was considering different life questions a voice came out of the darkness
"WHO ARE YOU? WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?"

startled our friend replied "WHAT?"

"WHO ARE YOU? WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?" the voice repeated.

"HOW MUCH DO YOU GET PAID?" our friend shouted back.

confused the man to whom the voice belonged replied- "one day's wages. why?"

"I'll give you double to stand outside my door and ask me those two questions any time i come into my home or leave it."

so as you are going about life- drinking chai or whichever beverage you prefer- be honest with yourself- as the questions "Who am I? What am I doing here?"

1 comment:

  1. But we cannot solely ask those questions... I think we should add just one more. It is good to be honest and know where we are and who we are, but what am I going to do about this?
    It does nothing to know that I am sitting in rebellion, or simply apathetic...etc. Or even just rejoicing in the Lord. Might we continue and press on to what is ahead! :] Thanks for posting this Jerm.

    ReplyDelete